As a Temporary worker for Randstad Financial & Professional you can work under PAYE or through a UK registered Limited Company, either your own Personal Service Company (PSC) or an Umbrella Company.
If you choose to be paid through a Company, please be aware that your company is responsible for all taxation, National Insurance and legal matters. We recommend you seek independent professional advice, particularly in light of the Governments anti-tax avoidance legislation, IR35. Go to www.hmrc.gov.uk
for more information.
Timesheet Payment Procedures
These procedures should be followed to ensure payments made are legal, accurate and made in a timely manner. Thank you for your cooperation.
Before Randstad FInancial & Professional can pay you, you must return to your Consultant:
- Signed Confirmation of Assignment letter
- Signed Terms and Conditions of Employment
You must also return to the payroll department:
- Completed personal details and bank details form
- P45 or P46 (completed)
Payroll team address:
85 London Wall
Before Randstad Financial & Professional can pay a Company, you must supply the below documents. Randstad Financial & Professional will only pay through UK registered companies.
Personal Service Company
- To sign any documents relating to your own Personal Service Company (PSC) you must be a director of that company.
- Randstad Financial & Professional operates a self-billing system for Vat Registered companies.
- Before any payments can be made, our payroll department must receive COPIES of the following:
a. A Certificate of Incorporation for your Limited Company
b. Current Appointments Report (downloaded from Companies House website, showing you as Director)
c. Company bank account details (with the UK Branch address)
d. Limited Company VAT registration certificate (if VAT registered)
e. A signed and completed Self Billing Agreement (if VAT registered, this will be sent to you on receipt of your VAT Certificate)
f. A signed Confirmation of Assignment letter
g. A completed Consultancy Agreement that must be signed by yourself and Randstad Financial & Professional.
Please note To be paid through an Umbrella company we must receive:
- Email notification from the Company instructing us of this, including the effective date
- Certificate of Incorporation.
- Company bank account details (with the UK Branch address)
- Company VAT registration Certificate (if VAT registered)
We will then liaise directly with your Umbrella Company to confirm they will be paying you under the PAYE Umbrella basis.
Please be aware that without the above documents, Randstad Financial & Professional cannot make salary payments to a Company account.
- BACS Payment will be made on receipt of an authorised timesheet.
- Authorised timesheets should be submitted to Randstad Financial & Professional Limited no later than 10am on the Monday following the week of work. Any timesheets submitted after this time will be processed the following week.
- Online timesheets should be completed on-line unless your consultant advises you otherwise. You will be emailed your log-in details for the on-line timesheet system once you have been set up on the payroll system.
- Payment for authorised timesheets received by the 10am Monday deadline will be processed and paid on Friday.
- Any timesheets received after the 10am deadline will not be paid until the following Friday.
- Please submit your timesheets regularly. And do NOT submit a number of weeks together.
Please contact your consultant should you have any queries or contact the payroll team directly on 0207 786 8050.
If the organisation you are working for agrees to cover your expenses, please submit your expenses with your timesheets. These should be sent using either their expense claim form or on company headed paper. Both you and your manager must sign all expense forms and all receipts must be attached.
UK PAYE Temporary Workers As a PAYE Temporary worker, you will accrue the right to take paid holiday, in accordance with DTI guidelines. In any year, you may accumulate up to 28 days entitlement to paid holiday. You must have accrued any entitlement prior to taking such days as paid holiday.
Randstad Financial & Professional will pay you for holiday days taken. This will be based on your standard working hours only and additional pay due to overtime rates being applied will not be included in the average pay calculation.
Payment of holiday pay will only be made on receipt of an email from your Line Manager authorising the holiday days. These should be sent to MWA Payroll before 10am on a Monday for inclusion in that week’s payroll run. Holiday Pay will be paid a week in arrears in line with timesheet payments.
Procedure for taking paid holiday
It is Randstad Financial & Professional’s desire, in accordance with WTR Health and Safety that Temporary Workers take such paid holiday days that are due to them. Details of your accrued holiday will be shown on your payslips. If you wish to take any of your accrued holiday days, please:
- Discuss with your Employer Line Manager the days you are considering taking as holiday and obtain their approval in advance.
- Give a minimum of two weeks notice if you need to take accrued holiday.
- Forward your Managers email authorisation to email@example.com no later than 10am Monday for that Fridays payment.
If you require payment for a Bank Holiday, then simply email us yourselves to request this.
Please contact your Randstad Financial & Professional consultant if you have any queries or contact the Payroll Team on 0207 786 8050.